Can snacking help me lose weight?

Judy Caplan
Snacking can help you lose weight but you have to make sure the snacking calories fit into your overall caloric needs. Snacking helps keep your blood sugar stable which helps prevent overeating and sweet cravings. Choosing healthy low calorie, high protein, nutrient dense snacks, instead of high calorie over processed junk food, will help you lose weight. Eating small amounts of food rather than large meals can help raise your metabolism and keep you full.
Keri Gans
When it comes to weight loss, snacks are crucial: not only do they help fuel your body between meals, they head off poor choices at your next meal. I also view snacks as an opportunity to have fruit, which most people don’t get enough of in their diets.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Snacking and Weight Loss

Snack Smackdown: 10 Healthy 100-Calorie Treats
Those 100-calorie snack packs are tasty, convenient, and perfectly portioned for calorie counters -- and they're selling like iPhones on opening day. ...
Why am I so hungry late at night?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
You could be so hungry late at night for several reasons.  You may not have eaten enough food or not...
How can I snack and still lose weight?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
One rule I abide by is to eat enough at meals to reduce the urge to snack. A common mistake is to ea...
Snack on This Asian Treat for Weight Loss