Can snacking help me lose weight?

Judy Caplan
Snacking can help you lose weight but you have to make sure the snacking calories fit into your overall caloric needs. Snacking helps keep your blood sugar stable which helps prevent overeating and sweet cravings. Choosing healthy low calorie, high protein, nutrient dense snacks, instead of high calorie over processed junk food, will help you lose weight. Eating small amounts of food rather than large meals can help raise your metabolism and keep you full.

Continue Learning about Snacking and Weight Loss

5 Low-Cal Game Day Snacks
5 Low-Cal Game Day Snacks
No matter who you root for during the big game, snacks are part of the lineup. Here are five healthy snacks that look and taste like the beloved origi...
How do I control my snacking when trying to lose weight?
Marilyn Ricci, M.S., R.D.Marilyn Ricci, M.S., R.D.
This is so difficult. The first step is to remove those tempting foods from your cupboards. Do not b...
Going Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to Try
Going Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to TryGoing Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to TryGoing Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to TryGoing Low-Carb? 8 Snacks to Try
The right carbohydrates can be part of a healthy diet, but if you choose to forgo them, here are some recipes. We get it, many low-carb diets are all ...
How Can Snacks Help Me Lose Weight?
How Can Snacks Help Me Lose Weight?