Will I gain weight if I quit smoking?

One of the biggest fears that people have about quitting smoking is weight gain. On average, men gain about ten pounds within six months of quitting, and women, about eight. However, weight gain should be the very least of your worries. The dangers of smoking are far greater than the dangers of gaining six to ten pounds. Also, the weight gain is often temporary. For example, women may gain eight extra pounds within six months of quitting, but they commonly lose six within the next eighteen months. With careful planning, you can prevent weight gain altogether.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
The Best Time to Quit Smoking
The Best Time to Quit Smoking
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?