Why are there so many treatments for people who want to stop smoking?

There are many ways to quit smoking, but no single way works for everyone. You need to keep trying until you find a specific treatment or combination of treatments that best suits your individual needs and gives you the best chance of quitting permanently. Most importantly, don’t give up trying to quit. Seek out people who will offer you support and encouragement.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

Will quitting smoking reduce my risk for cancer?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Quitting smoking substantially reduces the risk of developing and dying from cancer, and this benefi...
Is it better to quit smoking gradually or cold turkey?
West Valley Medical CenterWest Valley Medical Center
Quitting smoking cold turkey has been proven more effective than quitting gradually.
I want to quit smoking, what kind of treatment and support exists?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Quitting smoking is probably the best thing we can do for our health and the health of those around ...
What remedies are helpful for quitting smoking?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
There are multiple medications that can help you stop smoking.  The oldest, and most tested, are the...