Why are there so many treatments for people who want to stop smoking?

There are many ways to quit smoking, but no single way works for everyone. You need to keep trying until you find a specific treatment or combination of treatments that best suits your individual needs and gives you the best chance of quitting permanently. Most importantly, don’t give up trying to quit. Seek out people who will offer you support and encouragement.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What should I consider when choosing a way to quit smoking?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
There’s no right or wrong way to quit. The point is to pick a method -- or combination of methods --...
How can I quit smoking if I have friends who smoke?
Frank T. Leone, MDFrank T. Leone, MD
It does not have to be hard to quit smoking, even when other people around you are smoking. Believe ...
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms When Quitting Smoking?