Why should I change my daily routine if I want to quit smoking?

So much of what keeps people smoking is addiction, but part of it is habit, too. So while you're kicking your addiction, you might find that it also helps to change your day-to-day habits. For example, increasing the amount of physical activity you get helps reduce the craving for cigarettes, and an increase in breathing and heart rate helps some people visualize that they are getting the nicotine out of their systems faster. Changing the environment where you choose to spend free time can help, especially going to places such as museums, libraries, theaters -- and, increasingly, bars and restaurants -- where smoking is prohibited. Small changes in daily habits can send you and your brain a powerful message that things are going to be different this time.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What habits should I change if I want to quit smoking?
It helps to avoid not just the cigarettes, but anything you associate with smoking. For some peo...
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
Don't let these misconceptions keep you from quitting.
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?