Where can I get help to quit smoking?

Quitting smoking has immediate and long-term benefits. You lower your risk for different types of cancer and don’t expose others to secondhand smoke—which causes health problems in infants, children and adults. Call the state tobacco quitline at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669); TTY 1-855-855-7081; relay service 1-800-833-6384 or visit http://women.smokefree.gov/.

Explore options that are funded by the state. For example, as a result of a tobacco settlement, the state of Pennsylvania has invested several resources to help you quit comfortably. You can call several toll-free Quit Lines to get advice on how to quit or to check on the location of the community cessation program nearest you. Feel free to contact your local health community to find out more about their treatment partnerships.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What are the success rates for those attempting to quit smoking cigarettes?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Just one in 10 smokers successfully quits smoking, even though about eight in 10 smokers say they wo...
What is the first thing I should do if I want to quit smoking?
Andrea S. Wolf, MDAndrea S. Wolf, MD
Think about yourself and what drives you to smoke. That will help you adjust behaviors/conditions th...
Do I need to quit smoking before heart surgery?