What are some therapeutic options to help one quit smoking?

Luckily there are now a variety of options to help you “kick butt.” They include: 
  • Nicotine gum - used over a 12-week period in a program that allows you to chew up to 24 pieces daily.
  • Nicotine lozenge - requires you not to chew, bite or swallow the product and has a specific tapering regimen over 12 weeks.
  • Nicotine patches - offer tapering doses over an 8-week period.
  • Nicotine nasal spray/inhaler - allows you to take 1-2 doses daily and gives you a 6 month period of time to break your smoking habit.
  • Certain drugs that are also being used to help wean smokers off cigarettes include: Bupropionlonidine, Nortriptyline, and Varenicline.
Talk to your doctor if you want to try to stop smoking.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How Can I Quit Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
Do I need to quit smoking before heart surgery?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?