What do I need to know about quitting smoking?

The US Surgeon General has said, "Smoking cessation (stopping smoking) represents the single most important step that smokers can take to enhance the length and quality of their lives."
Quitting smoking is not easy, but you can do it. To have the best chance of quitting and staying quit, you need to know what you’re up against, what your options are, and where to go for help. Call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345 for information and resources to help you quit, or visit cancer.org/smokeout.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How do I choose a stop-smoking treatment?
Joseph I. Miller Jr., MDJoseph I. Miller Jr., MD
Patients should first start with a discussion with physcian and then a decision can be made together...
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
Don't let these misconceptions keep you from quitting.
How Smoking and Blood Pressure Affect Your Heart’s Age