What is nicotine nasal spray?

Nicotine nasal spray is an aid to quitting smoking. This medication provides nicotine and is used in conjunction with a smoking cessation plan to help lessen the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal. The standard dosage is one spray in each nostril, approximately every hour; however heavy smokers may require more frequent administration (maximum 80 sprays per day or 1/2 bottle). Nicotine nasal spray is the generic name for the brand-name product Nicotrol NS. Nicotine nasal spray is a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved medicine.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

Do You Treat Women Differently than You Treat Men in Cardiaology?
The Best Time to Quit Smoking
The Best Time to Quit Smoking
How Can I Quit Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
Do I need to quit smoking before heart surgery?