What are advantages of the nicotine patch?

Although nicotine replacement therapies come in a half dozen forms, the patch has several advantages:
  1. It delivers a steady supply of nicotine through the skin and into the bloodstream for 18-24 hours.
  2. It doesn't give users the buzz they may feel from gums and lozenges.
  3. It's the easiest form to stop using when you've completed the program.
  4. Inhalers and nasal sprays replicate the smoking process (bringing nicotine from hand to face), and that isn't a good habit to encourage.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

What can I do to quit smoking if I have emphysema?
Smoking is addictive and that can make it incredibly hard to quit, but if you have emphysema, it mig...
How do I rearrange my bedroom to avoid slip-ups when quitting smoking?
If you used to smoke in your bedroom, you can avoid slips ups when quitting smoking by rearranging t...
I want to quit smoking, what kind of treatment and support exists?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Quitting smoking is probably the best thing we can do for our health and the health of those around ...
How do I fight withdrawal from cigarette substance abuse?
As you kick the smoking habit, you may experience feelings of withdrawal such as crankiness, depress...