What are advantages of the nicotine patch?

Although nicotine replacement therapies come in a half dozen forms, the patch has several advantages:
  1. It delivers a steady supply of nicotine through the skin and into the bloodstream for 18-24 hours.
  2. It doesn't give users the buzz they may feel from gums and lozenges.
  3. It's the easiest form to stop using when you've completed the program.
  4. Inhalers and nasal sprays replicate the smoking process (bringing nicotine from hand to face), and that isn't a good habit to encourage.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What can I do to avoid boredom while quitting smoking?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
The following might help you avoid boredom while quitting smoking: Plan more activities than you ha...
What can I learn from my slip up while trying to quit smoking?
You can learn to not be too hard on yourself if you slip up during a trial of smoking cessation....
How Smoking and Blood Pressure Affect Your Heart’s Age