What are the success rates for those attempting to quit smoking cigarettes?

Just one in 10 smokers successfully quits smoking, even though about eight in 10 smokers say they would like to kick the habit.

Still, around 2 million people stop smoking every year. Some go cold turkey, others use nicotine replacement therapy, while others use prescription medication or use hypnosis.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How can I get motivated to quit smoking?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Motivation to quit is complicated. It's not because you don't understand how bad smoking is for you....
Can I get help by telephone or over the Internet to quit smoking?
SCAISCAI
If you want help with quitting smoking but are not easily able to get to an office for in-person or ...
How can taking an antidepressant to quit smoking affect my emotions?
Frank T. Leone, MDFrank T. Leone, MD
When used for smoking, these medications are not expected to change your emotions. While you are t...
Do insurance companies cover nicotine patches for smoking cessation?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Many do but you need to check with your insurance company on that. If they do, they will not usually...