Can I still quit smoking if I slip up while trying to quit?

Yes. Most people have multiple relapses before they finally quit. There are multiple ways to quit, but the best way is to pick a quit date and stick to it. If you need help see your physician.
If you slip and up smoking after vowing to quit, don't despair. Think about why you slipped. Were you with friends who were smoking? Did you have a cocktail or beer and light up, something you always did in the past? If you identify why you slipped and smoked, you may be able to prevent future slips. The last thing you want is for a slip to slide into a full-blown relapse -- that is, a return to smoking.

Slips are common among people who quit smoking. Don't beat yourself up if you sneak a puff or two from a friend's cigarette. Learn from the experience and resume your healthier habits.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Can I quit smoking without using a support group?
You can quit smoking without a support group, but why would you? Studies show that people are mo...
How many years can I add to my life by quitting smoking?
When you stop smoking, your blood pressure drops and your lung capacity grows - how many years c...
5 Steps to Quit Smoking
5 Steps to Quit Smoking