Is it okay to smoke a little while quitting?

No.  You can smoke a little and decrease your smoking rate while you are preparing to quit, but when you say "Today is my quit day" it should really be your quit day.  Throw away all your cigarettes, your ash trays, your lighters, etc., anything that reminds you of smoking.  Start walking 30 minutes everyday.  Get a pedometer, put it on, walk the 30 minutes, get a back-up pedometer so you never are without it, and use that as your crutch.  Use patches.  There is no harm in using nicotine to get you off, and it is really tough to quit without nicotine patches and your friends helping you quit.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How effective is it to quit smoking cold turkey?
It is very difficult to determine the success rate of quitting smoking cold turkey (or with any othe...
Can I quit smoking without taking drugs?
Yes, but it is difficult because the cravings get you initially and then the psychological problems ...
Can a flavored toothpick really help me quit smoking?
Lots of ex-smokers talk about how they miss holding a cigarette in their hands or having one in thei...
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?