Should I stop using nicotine nasal spray if I have a cold?

Before you stop using a nicotine nasal spray when you have cold, make sure you really have a cold. Many of the classic symptoms of a cold—coughing, sneezing, runny nose—can be side effects of nicotine sprays. If you are sick, talk to your doctor. It may not be safe to take over-the-counter cold and cough medications or acetaminophen while using a nicotine nasal spray.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What should I do while driving when I'm trying to quit smoking?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Here are a few things to keep in mind for driving while you are trying to quit smoking:Remove the as...
How can I get support from others when I quit smoking?
Simple. Just ask for it. After all, more than 38 million Americans have quit smoking, and they a...
Do I need to quit smoking before heart surgery?