Should I stop using nicotine nasal spray if I have a cold?

Before you stop using a nicotine nasal spray when you have cold, make sure you really have a cold. Many of the classic symptoms of a cold—coughing, sneezing, runny nose—can be side effects of nicotine sprays. If you are sick, talk to your doctor. It may not be safe to take over-the-counter cold and cough medications or acetaminophen while using a nicotine nasal spray.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Do I have to throw away all my cigarettes if I'm going to quit smoking?
On the day you are going to quit smoking, you should throw away all your cigarettes.  If you do not ...
What should I drink while I quit smoking?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Consider the following when deciding what to drink while quitting smoking:Switch to non-alcoholic dr...
Should I avoid caffeine if I'm trying to quit smoking?
If you're a person who regularly drinks caffeinated beverages, then you might notice that you're a l...