Should I combine the patch with other nicotine replacement products?

Using the nicotine patch along with shorter-acting products such as the gum, lozenge, nasal spray, or inhaler is another method of NRT. The idea is to get a steady dose of nicotine with the patch and to use one of the shorter-acting products when you have strong cravings.
The few studies that have been done on combination NRT used in the way described above have found that it may work better than a single product. Still, more research is needed to prove this and to find safe and effective doses. And the combined use of NRT products has not yet been approved by the FDA. If you are thinking about using more than one NRT product, be sure to talk it over with your doctor first.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Can cytisine help me quit smoking?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
It's not easy to do, but stopping smoking is critical for your health. In this video, Dr. Robin ...
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
Don't let these misconceptions keep you from quitting.
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms When Quitting Smoking?