Who should not use nicotine nasal spray?

Nicotine nasal spray may be harmful to the fetus. Nicotine is passed through breast milk to a nursing infant. Do not breast-feed if you are using this product. People who are still smoking cigarettes should not take this medication. People who have a heart condition, high blood pressure, circulation problems, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, ulcers, or pheochromocytoma should use caution when taking this medication. Do not use nicotine nasal spray if you have asthma or chronic nasal conditions. Nicotine should never be given to children. It can be fatal and you should keep any form of nicotine in a safe place, where children cannot gain access.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Should I avoid other smokers if I'm trying to quit?
Quitting smoking is a difficult but admirable task.  It is the single most helpful thing you can...
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
Don't let these misconceptions keep you from quitting.
Do You Treat Women Differently than You Treat Men in Cardiaology?