What's the difference between nicotine replacement therapy products?

There are a number of nicotine replacement therapy products that all work by delivering low levels of nicotine to the body to curb the craving for cigarettes or smokeless tobacco. Some, like nicotine gum, lozenges, or skin patches, are available as over-the-counter medications. Others, like nicotine inhalers or nasal sprays, can only be acquired by prescription.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Where can I get help to quit smoking?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Explore options that are funded by the state. For example, as a result of a tobacco settlement, the ...
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
Don't let these misconceptions keep you from quitting.
Do I need to quit smoking before heart surgery?