How does the nicotine inhalation system interact with other drugs or food?

The nicotine inhalation system can affect medications that you take on a regular basis. Stopping or starting smoking can also have this effect on medications. Talk to your doctor if you are taking the following medications: imipramine, oxazepam, propranolol, labetalol, prazosin, theophylline, pentazocine, or insulin. Do not smoke while using this product. There may be other drugs that interact with the nicotine inhalation system. Inform your doctor about any prescription, over-the-counter drugs, or nutritional or herbal supplements that you are taking.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How can I get support from others when I quit smoking?
You can get support from others when you quit smoking by telling your family, friends and coworkers ...
What can I do to quit smoking if I have emphysema?
Smoking is addictive and that can make it incredibly hard to quit, but if you have emphysema, it mig...
What remedies are helpful for quitting smoking?
David C. Fiore, MDDavid C. Fiore, MD
There are multiple medications that can help you stop smoking.  The oldest, and most tested, are the...
Do I have to throw away all my cigarettes if I'm going to quit smoking?
On the day you are going to quit smoking, you should throw away all your cigarettes.  If you do not ...