What are the most effective alternative therapies for nicotine addiction?

Charles J. Sophy, MD
Adolescent Medicine
Nicotine addiction is very difficult to break, and most people need medical intervention of some type to help them. In addition to the gums, patches, or other medications, serious behavior modification may be necessary. Support groups, exercise, regular meals, meditation or relaxation techniques, and other lifestyle changes can help many people successfully quit smoking. 

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Is it important to avoid boredom if I'm trying to quit smoking?
Ask yourself this: How did you handle boredom before you quit smoking? For many smokers, idle mo...
What should I drink while I quit smoking?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Consider the following when deciding what to drink while quitting smoking:Switch to non-alcoholic dr...
5 Steps to Quit Smoking
5 Steps to Quit Smoking