What should I know about the nicotine inhalation system before using it?

The nicotine inhalation system, and all forms of nicotine, may be harmful to a fetus. Nicotine is passed through breast milk to a nursing infant. Do not breast-feed if you are using this product. In order for the nicotine inhalation system to be effective, you must be committed to quitting smoking. You cannot smoke while using this product. Taking part in a smoking cessation support group or counseling can help you quit. If you do not stop smoking after a month of using the inhaler, you should stop the treatment. Because nicotine is addictive, you can become dependent on the nicotine inhaler system. This system is comprised of a mouthpiece and a cartridge containing nicotine. The nicotine inhaler system does not contain carbon monoxide and hydrogen cyanide, which are present in cigarettes; however nicotine is a toxic substance. Nicotine can be fatal to children if ingested orally or inhaled. You should not use this product if you have heart problems.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How do I know if I'm ready to quit smoking?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Before you quit smoking, you may need to ask yourself if you are ready. Take a look at the quest...
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
Don't let these misconceptions keep you from quitting.
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?