Is a co-payment required for outpatient smoking cessation counseling?

A co-payment is no longer required for outpatient smoking cessation counseling for veterans under VA care. Counseling for smoking cessation had been underutilized in the VA and other health care systems so the co-payment was eliminated in 2005 to increase access to care for Veterans who want to quit using tobacco.

If you want to quit smoking, you can attend counseling -- group or individual sessions -- with a primary care physician. 

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How do I handle cravings when quitting tobacco?
Most people who quit smoking fight the urge to light up at one time or another. That's especiall...
What should I do in the morning to avoid smoking while quitting?
Mornings can be your enemy when you decide to quit smoking. Many smokers have a cigarette the mo...
How Smoking and Blood Pressure Affect Your Heart’s Age