How do support groups help me quit smoking?

Support groups help you quit smoking by helping you overcome the cravings that will inevitably come.  You will have cravings, especially on days 3 to 5 of quitting, that will get less the longer you stay away from cigarettes.  In fact, the cravings, we are told, go away almost entirely by 6 months.  That is, you do not have any cravings at any time.  Key is to use your support group anytime you feel like you have got a craving.  Call them up and talk through it.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How will I know when I'm ready to quit smoking?
You should be ready any time you care about yourself and care about your health, or if you love some...
Is it possible for people with mental illness to quit smoking?
Like other smokers, smokers with mental illness are interested in quitting, are able to quit, and ha...
How can quitting smoking help my legs?
SCAISCAI
Smoking is the number one risk factor associated with peripheral artery disease (PAD). Smoking is ba...
How Can I Quit Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?