How safe is it to take more than one medication to help me quit smoking?

Frank T. Leone, MD
Pulmonary Disease

Under a doctor’s direction, it is safe to use several medications in combination in order to quit smoking. Your doctor may recommend more than one because together they can be more effective than alone.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Can changing my routine help me stop smoking?
Changing your routine in even small ways can definitely help you quit smoking. One of the most commo...
What's the hardest part of quitting smoking?
The hardest part of quitting smoking is probably dealing with the nicotine withdrawal. Nicotine is h...
Do I need to quit smoking before heart surgery?