How can quitting smoking help someone with HIV?

Quitting smoking has major and immediate health benefits for all tobacco users, especially those living with HIV. Quitting reduces your chances of developing serious diseases, helps you feel better and improves your quality of life.

Talk with your health care provider about programs and products that can help you quit.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How can I manage nicotine withdrawal symptoms without medication?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
There are several therapies that can help you quit smoking without medication. These include hypnoth...
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick6 Smoking Myths That Are Keeping You Sick
Don't let these misconceptions keep you from quitting.
How Many Years Can I Add to My Life By Quitting Smoking?