How can I quit smoking if I have friends who smoke?

Frank T. Leone, MD
Pulmonary Disease
It does not have to be hard to quit smoking, even when other people around you are smoking. Believe it or not, you can go to social events without smoking, but it will be tough at first. You need to give yourself time to prepare for how you are going to handle the situation. You don’t have to lose your friends. Let everyone know that you are quitting and that you will need their help to succeed. Work with them to find a place where they can smoke without making it hard on you. Working together with family, friends and coworkers can help you quit.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How do I rearrange my laundry room to avoid slip-ups when quitting smoking?
When you are getting ready to quit smoking, try to avoid, at least for now, the environment wher...
How will I know when I'm ready to quit smoking?
Andrea S. Wolf, MDAndrea S. Wolf, MD
You will know when you are ready and will have a hard time quitting if you are not ready. Each perso...
Exercise Helps You Quit Smoking Faster
Exercise Helps You Quit Smoking Faster