How is my baby healthier if I don't smoke?

Staying smoke-free is important. Tobacco smoke contains a deadly mix of more than 7,000 chemicals. When your child is NOT exposed to smoke, you can expect him or her to have:

• Fewer coughs and chest colds
  • A lower risk for bronchitis or pneumonia (lung problems)
  • Fewer ear infections
  • Fewer asthma attacks and wheezing problems

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How long do I have to quit smoking until my lifespan goes up significantly?
Studies tend to look at risk of death ("mortality") rather than lifespan, but in those terms, th...
How much does quitting smoking reduce my risk of heart disease and cancer?
Smokers who quit have immediate health benefits: Risk for a heart attack drops sharply just one y...
Exercise Helps You Quit Smoking Faster
Exercise Helps You Quit Smoking Faster