How can I find help with my mental addiction to smoking?

There are a wide range of counseling services, self-help materials, and medicines available today, so smokers have more tools than ever to help them quit smoking for good.
Some people are able to quit on their own, without the help of others or the use of medicines. But for many smokers, it can be hard to break the social and emotional ties to smoking while getting over nicotine withdrawal symptoms at the same time. Fortunately, there are many sources of support out there -- both formal and informal.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How do I rearrange my garage to avoid slip-ups when quitting smoking?
If you are like many people, you may have retreated to the garage where you squirreled away a pa...
What is varenicline (Chantix)?
Joseph I. Miller Jr., MDJoseph I. Miller Jr., MD
Varenicline, more commonly known as Chantix, is a new class of drugs which blocks the pleasant effec...
Do You Treat Women Differently than You Treat Men in Cardiaology?