How effective is nicotine gum in treating addiction?

Gary Wenk

First, do not be discouraged by statistics! Generally, depending upon which study you read and who's paying for it, nicotine gum achieves a success rate of about six percent. Thus, after six months of gum chewing approximately 94% of all smokers light up again. I know that seems like a lowsy success rate but for the six percent the benefits are life-changing.  My advice is to give it a try; you might be one of those lucky people.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What are nicotine replacement therapies?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Remember, tobacco addiction is both mental and physical. For most people, the best way to quit will ...
What is the first thing I should do if I want to quit smoking?
Andrea S. Wolf, MDAndrea S. Wolf, MD
Think about yourself and what drives you to smoke. That will help you adjust behaviors/conditions th...
Treating Depression May Help Smokers Kick the Habit