Can a doctor, dentist, or pharmacist help a person quit smoking?

Doctors, dentists, and pharmacists can be good sources of information about the health risks of smoking and the benefits of quitting. They can describe the proper use and potential side effects of nicotine replacement therapy and other medicines, and they can help people find local quit smoking resources.
This answer is based on source information from the U.S National Institutes of Health.  

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What types of support can help me quit smoking?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Enlisting support from family and close friends can help in the effort to quit smoking, UCLA interni...
How can I get motivated to quit smoking?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Motivation to quit is complicated. It's not because you don't understand how bad smoking is for you....
A Smart Combo to Quit Smoking
A Smart Combo to Quit Smoking