How do I rearrange my kitchen to avoid slip-ups when quitting smoking?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

So the kitchen is where you smoked, while cooking or packing the kids' lunches? Not anymore. If you would take a break from cooking or washing dishes by sitting at the table or standing at the counter to have a smoke, remove ashtrays and lighters so you won't be able to smoke in there.

Try chewing gum or chewing on a cinnamon stick while you're in the kitchen to keep your mouth busy. Organizing your pantry, cabinets and drawers will give you a sense of accomplishment and keep you busy enough to take your mind off smoking. Going forward, think of the kitchen as primarily the room where you eat.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
The Best Time to Quit Smoking
The Best Time to Quit Smoking