Is counseling necessary to help me quit smoking?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Counseling may not be necessary to help you quit smoking, but many smokers find that counseling can boost their chances of success. Studies show that a combination of counseling and medication is more effective than either medication or counseling alone. Whether you choose individual, group, online or phone counseling, a trained professional will guide you through products and programs that can help you quit.

Counseling also teaches you how to identify and avoid triggers that caused you to smoke and may increase your odds of relapsing after you quit. A counselor can also help you build a support group of family, friends or ex-smokers that can encourage you and cheer you on.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

Do You Treat Women Differently than You Treat Men in Cardiaology?
What Are the Withdrawal Symptoms When Quitting Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?