Can cinnamon sticks realistically help me replace cigarettes?

Cinnamon sticks may help with the psychological aspect of needing something in your mouth. Other things that may help in the same fashion are gum, toothpicks or hard candy.
Chewing on cinnamon sticks keeps both your mouth and your hands busy, and they freshen your breath too. Lots of ex-smokers talk about how they miss holding a cigarette in their hands, bringing it to their lips and inhaling. It's part of the ritual imprinted in your brain. We tell people who get a lot of oral gratification from cigarettes to stock up on some supplies before they quit. This stockpile should include items that can take the place of cigarettes, like cinnamon sticks.
Whether cinnamon sticks can help you replace cigarettes depends on how long and often you smoked, the types of cigarettes you smoked, and how strong your cravings are. Smoking is a habit, and you may miss the ritual of puffing on a cigarette when you quit. Cinnamon sticks may combat these psychological withdrawal symptoms or cravings by providing a nicotine-free alternative. Place a stick in your mouth, inhale and exhale until your craving is gone.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Can I get help by telephone or over the Internet to quit smoking?
SCAISCAI
If you want help with quitting smoking but are not easily able to get to an office for in-person or ...
How soon do cravings start after I stop smoking?
You'll probably get your first craving within a few hours of your last cigarette. That's because...
5 Steps to Quit Smoking
5 Steps to Quit Smoking