What can cause weight gain after quitting smoking?

Ximena Jimenez
Weight gain after quitting smoking may happen for different reasons. Some ex-smokers get urges to have something in their mouth. They substitute cigarette for food which is usually sweets and salty foods. For those people that smoke to relax, they may turn to munching. Others may overeat when they are dealing with a difficult or triggering situation. Keep in mind that you can prevent or reduce weight gain after quitting smoking by visiting a registered dietitian. To find one go to www.eatright.org.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
Do You Treat Women Differently than You Treat Men in Cardiaology?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?
Is Smoking a Hookah Pipe Safe?