Can I chew nicotine gum during pregnancy? Is it better than smoking?

Margaret L. McKenzie, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

Nicotine gum can help you quit smoking. Watch this video to learn about the negative effects smoking has on your baby. 

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
Can a doctor, dentist, or pharmacist help a person quit smoking?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Doctors, dentists, and pharmacists can be good sources of information about the health risks of smok...
How effective are stop-smoking programs?
Stop-smoking programs can be effective but the patient is two times more likely to quit with support...
Do I need to quit smoking before heart surgery?