Can nicotine lollipops and lip balms help me quit smoking cigarettes?

In the past, some pharmacies made a product called a nicotine lollipop. These lollipops often contained a product called nicotine salicylate with a sugar sweetener. Nicotine salicylate is not approved by the FDA for pharmacy use. The FDA has warned pharmacies to stop selling nicotine lollipops and lip balm on the Internet, calling the products "illegal." The FDA also said "the candy-like products present a risk of accidental use by children."
Other smoking cessation products like these may not use nicotine salicylate and, therefore, may be legal. But they still pose a risk for children if they are not well-labeled and stored safely.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

Do You Treat Women Differently than You Treat Men in Cardiaology?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Have We Done in Combatting Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
How Can I Quit Smoking?
Do I need to quit smoking before heart surgery?