Can nicotine lollipops and lip balms help me quit smoking cigarettes?

In the past, some pharmacies made a product called a nicotine lollipop. These lollipops often contained a product called nicotine salicylate with a sugar sweetener. Nicotine salicylate is not approved by the FDA for pharmacy use. The FDA has warned pharmacies to stop selling nicotine lollipops and lip balm on the Internet, calling the products "illegal." The FDA also said "the candy-like products present a risk of accidental use by children."
Other smoking cessation products like these may not use nicotine salicylate and, therefore, may be legal. But they still pose a risk for children if they are not well-labeled and stored safely.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
What should I drink while I quit smoking?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Consider the following when deciding what to drink while quitting smoking:Switch to non-alcoholic dr...
Should I let others know that I am quitting smoking?
Spread the word: You are done with tobacco. Telling your friends and family members that you are...
5 Steps to Quit Smoking
5 Steps to Quit Smoking