Are nicotine-replacement products for quitting smoking safe?

Nicotine-replacement products that are used to help you quit smoking have been shown to be safe. They contain only nicotine, and even when used “as needed” throughout the day, usually provide smaller amounts than cigarettes. More importantly, they do not contain the thousands of other chemicals that are in cigarettes, many of which are known to cause cancer. Choosing to use nicotine-replacement products, even in the long-term, to help you quit smoking is much safer than continuing to smoke.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
How do I know if I'm ready to quit smoking?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Before you quit smoking, you may need to ask yourself if you are ready. Take a look at the quest...
What can I learn from my slip up while trying to quit smoking?
You can learn to not be too hard on yourself if you slip up during a trial of smoking cessation....
5 Steps to Quit Smoking
5 Steps to Quit Smoking