How does smell affect men and women differently?

The way something smells affects men and women differently. Research shows that the smells of pumpkin pie and lavender make men feel more sexual, while ladies get excited by the scents of cucumber and licorice. Smell is important because it signifies to us at a very deep level that we're in a home, in a safe environment.

Women also have more taste buds than men, which makes them more sensitive to sweet, sour, salty, and bitter flavors.

Continue Learning about Smell & The Nervous System

When should I see a doctor about my hyposmia?
If your hyposmia is severe and lasts for more than two weeks, you may want to consider seeing yo...
Who is most at risk for hyposmia?
Smokers are at increased risk for hyposmia, as are those who suffer from frequent head colds and...
What lifestyle changes should I make if I have hyposmia?
If you have hyposmia, you may have trouble smelling dangerous odors like smoke or gas. Install smoke...
What is the best way to prevent hyposmia?
Hyposmia cannot always be prevented. You can reduce your risk of developing hyposmia by avoiding...