How do I manage my small intestine cancer on a daily basis?

A few lifestyle changes may make your life with small intestine cancer better and reduce the chances of your cancer coming back. Changes in diet, such as eating a low-fat, high-fiber diet, may help offset other risk factors. Eating smaller meals several times a day means that less food will enter your small intestine at one time, making it easier for you to digest your food and less likely that a tumor blocking part of your intestine will cause severe symptoms. Quitting smoking and reducing alcohol consumption can also help you feel better and decrease your risk of recurring small intestine cancer.

Continue Learning about Small Intestine Cancer

How is small intestine cancer cured?
Dr. Jill K. Onesti, MDDr. Jill K. Onesti, MD
Survival for small intestine cancer depends on which type of cancer it is (adenocarcinoma, carcinoid...
How common is small intestine cancer?
Small intestine cancer is considered rare. The incidence rate (number of people who get a disease) f...
Should I be worried about small intestine cancer?
Small intestine cancer is relatively rare, so most people need not fear developing it, especially if...
What are the symptoms of small intestine cancer?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
You may experience a number of symptoms with small intestine cancer. If you have adenocarcinoma (the...