Should I talk to my doctor about my sleepwalking?

There is no one treatment for sleepwalking, but you may want to consult your doctor if you sleepwalk often, are afraid of injuring yourself, or find that you are sleepy during the day. If you sleepwalk often, your doctor may test for certain conditions, including excess stress, abnormal heart rhythms, and seizures. Sleepwalking can also be caused by certain medications, so mention it to your doctor if you are taking prescription medications.

Continue Learning about Sleepwalking

How does sleepwalking affect the body?
Sleepwalking affects the whole body: you walk around at night although you are not fully awake. Slee...
What are the symptoms of sleepwalking?
Symptoms of sleepwalking include opening your eyes and either sitting up in bed or getting out of be...
Are there alternative treatments for sleepwalking?
Sleepwalking can be treated with hypnosis, and getting more sleep may prevent the condition. People ...
How do I manage my sleepwalking on a daily basis?
If your doctor chooses to treat your sleepwalking with prescription medication, you should follow th...