How do I manage my sleepwalking on a daily basis?

If your doctor chooses to treat your sleepwalking with prescription medication, you should follow the medication plan. You should also work to minimize daily stress, get to bed earlier, and follow a night-time calming routine to help you sleep better. You can also ask household members to gently lead you back to bed if you are sleepwalking.

To prevent self-injury, remove objects that might harm you, close and lock windows, and put gates at the top of stairways.

Continue Learning about Sleepwalking

When should someone get help for sleepwalking?
Almost 30% of people report sleepwalking, most as children, though 4% still take a stroll as adu...
Is sleepwalking a sleep disorder?
Sleepwalking is a parasomnia, a disruptive sleep disorder that happens when you open your eyes a...
What are the symptoms of sleepwalking?
Symptoms of sleepwalking include opening your eyes and either sitting up in bed or getting out of be...
What are the treatment options for sleepwalking?
There is no one treatment for sleepwalking, and most people are not treated. Sleepwalking may be cau...