Are there alternative treatments for sleepwalking?

Sleepwalking can be treated with hypnosis, and getting more sleep may prevent the condition. People who sleepwalk may find that minimizing stress and doing a calming routine before bed helps. You can also keep a diary to identify patterns that might cause sleepwalking.

It is also important to prevent a sleepwalker from self-injury, so close and lock windows and gate stairways to prevent accidents.

Continue Learning about Sleepwalking

How do I manage my sleepwalking on a daily basis?
If your doctor chooses to treat your sleepwalking with prescription medication, you should follow th...
Can sleepwalking be prevented?
Sleepwalking can be prevented by minimizing stress and identifying stressors. You can use a personal...
Is sleepwalking a sleep disorder?
Sleepwalking is a parasomnia, a disruptive sleep disorder that happens when you open your eyes a...
What are the treatment options for sleepwalking?
There is no one treatment for sleepwalking, and most people are not treated. Sleepwalking may be cau...