When is my baby most likely to take naps?

A baby's sleep is in phase with circadian rhythms, so he'll often be sleepy at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Those are usually ideal times for naps—not what works with your schedule necessarily. Also, just because a baby skips a nap doesn't mean he's going to be more tired for night. He needs sleep (that's the time when the brain grows), so don't skimp on naps. The signs of sleep deprivation are nearly invisible at this age, so it's important to establish good routines early on.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Sleeping & Napping In Babies

When should babies nap?
Although moms may relish napping more than their children, it's no secret that naps are important to...
Is it okay to let babies cry themselves to sleep?
Heather Wittenberg, PhDHeather Wittenberg, PhD
I am not a believer in the “cry it out” method that many experts, and one of our own pediatricia...
Is it safe for my baby to sleep in my bed?
First CandleFirst Candle
Adult beds are not safe for sleeping babies for the following reasons: Soft bedding, such as pil...
How Can I Put My Baby On a Sleep Schedule?