What should I do if my baby won't go to sleep on her back?

We all have our preferences. However, positional preference appears to be a learned behavior among infants from birth to four to six months of age. If placed on their back from the day of birth, most infants will become accustomed to the back sleeping position.

Continue Learning about Sleeping & Napping In Babies

Why doesn't my infant sleep through the night?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
In the first few weeks of life, babies don’t have a circadian rhythm going yet which helps them to k...
Should we let our baby sleep in our bed?
It is currently not recommended to allow your baby to sleep in your bed. Infants who sleep with thei...
What are the risks of sleeping with my newborn?
Armin BrottArmin Brott
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission advises against co-sleeping, saying babies are at risk o...
Is it safe for my baby to sleep in my bed?
First CandleFirst Candle
Adult beds are not safe for sleeping babies for the following reasons: Soft bedding, such as pil...