How can changes in baby’s environment affect sleep?

Your baby’s sleep can be impacted by other environmental changes you may not have imagined:

•   sleeping in a different room than usual
  •   seasonal daylight changes
  •   different noise patterns in the house or neighborhood (when I was truly sleep-deprived, I actually thought it would be a reasonable thing to ask the neighbors to eliminate lawn-mowing during nap times!)

If you need to make a major change for a short while (say, a vacation), fall back on what works and plan to get back on track when you get back home. Nothing is permanent, and you can all get back to a good routine with a few nights of getting back in the habit.  

Continue Learning about Sleeping & Napping In Babies

When is my baby most likely to take naps?
A baby's sleep is in phase with circadian rhythms, so he'll often be sleepy at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tho...
How can I teach my baby to fall asleep?
Heather Wittenberg, PhDHeather Wittenberg, PhD
By five to nine months, baby has developed enough cognitive abilities and trust in you that she ...
What are some ways to help my newborn sleep well?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
There are many schools of thought on how to help babies sleep well, but here are a few universal bas...
How Can I Put My Baby On a Sleep Schedule?