What happens in my brain when my alarm clock goes off?

Carol Ash, DO
Pulmonary Disease
Our circadian rhythms are designed to wake us up at the same time every day; but busy lifestyles keep us from getting enough sleep. In this video, internist and sleep expert Carol Ash, DO, explains what happens when an alarm clock wakes us up.

Continue Learning about Sleep

This Bad Sleep Habit Leads to Overeating
In the 2004 film The Machinist, Trevor Reznik (Cristian Bale), questions his sanity after not sleeping for a year. Bale lost a staggering 65 pounds fo...
How can I determine why I have trouble sleeping?
Many factors can be involved in why you are unable to sleep. To get at those reasons, it's important...
9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)
9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)9 Ways to Wake Up Happy (Without Coffee)
Boost your morning mood with these easy, expert-approved tips.
What Can Help Me Get Back to Sleep If I Wake up in the Middle of the Night?