What treatments are available for men with sleep and sexual problems?

For men suffering from sleep problems or problems with sexual function, it’s time to explore the connection between the two. First off, guys, you’ve got to go to the doctor. Making the decision to consult a physician is the first important step, one that unfortunately can still be a difficult one for some men. Men who are struggling with issues related to sexual function should have their sleep evaluated by their physician. The good news is that treatments for obstructive sleep apnea -- particularly the CPAP -- are safe and effective. In some cases, hormone replacement therapy for conditions such as erectile dysfunction may be appropriate, independently or in conjunction with treatment for a sleep disorder.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Overcoming Social Jet Lag
Overcoming Social Jet Lag
If your weekend anthem is Atlantic Starr’s, “We Party Hearty,” but on weekdays you’re quietly humming Dolly Parton’s “Working Nine to Five,” you’re a ...
How can osteoarthritis disrupt my sleep?
Pain from osteoarthritis can disrupt your sleep. Osteoarthritis is a condition in which wear and tea...
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
Grab some fuzzy socks and adjust the thermostat—things are about to get pretty cozy.
How Should I Do Progressive Muscle Relaxation?