What treatments are available for men with sleep and sexual problems?

For men suffering from sleep problems or problems with sexual function, it’s time to explore the connection between the two. First off, guys, you’ve got to go to the doctor. Making the decision to consult a physician is the first important step, one that unfortunately can still be a difficult one for some men. Men who are struggling with issues related to sexual function should have their sleep evaluated by their physician. The good news is that treatments for obstructive sleep apnea -- particularly the CPAP -- are safe and effective. In some cases, hormone replacement therapy for conditions such as erectile dysfunction may be appropriate, independently or in conjunction with treatment for a sleep disorder.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Get More ZZZs with These Sleep Guidelines
You might disagree with Mindy Kaling, who claims that there isn’t a sunrise beautiful enough for her to wake up and see. But by insisting on getting e...
Ambien and Drowsy Morning Driving
Ambien and Drowsy Morning Driving
You tossed and turned last night, so you got up and took a zolpidem (brand name: Ambien). Finally, sleep! As you hop into your car the next morning --...
How Can a Food Curfew Help Me Get a Good Night's Sleep?
Should I Let My Doctor Know I Am Taking Melatonin?