What treatments are available for men with sleep and sexual problems?

For men suffering from sleep problems or problems with sexual function, it’s time to explore the connection between the two. First off, guys, you’ve got to go to the doctor. Making the decision to consult a physician is the first important step, one that unfortunately can still be a difficult one for some men. Men who are struggling with issues related to sexual function should have their sleep evaluated by their physician. The good news is that treatments for obstructive sleep apnea -- particularly the CPAP -- are safe and effective. In some cases, hormone replacement therapy for conditions such as erectile dysfunction may be appropriate, independently or in conjunction with treatment for a sleep disorder.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

A Good Reason to Stay in Bed
A Good Reason to Stay in Bed
Is your sleep quality kind of poor? Then go ahead and sleep in. Research shows it might be best for your health. Yep, a study links poor sleep to a g...
How can sleep eating be prevented?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
Personal stress management is the best prevention for episodes of sleep eating. Drug or alcohol ...
5 Embarrassing Sleep Problems, Solved
5 Embarrassing Sleep Problems, Solved5 Embarrassing Sleep Problems, Solved5 Embarrassing Sleep Problems, Solved5 Embarrassing Sleep Problems, Solved
Some people with sleep problems, it’s what they do in their sleep that’s problematic. Learn how to put an end to embarrassing sleep problems.
How Should I Do Progressive Muscle Relaxation?