What can cause sleeping problems in children?

Some kids have trouble falling asleep or resist going to bed because they’re afraid to be alone. Some have sleep terrors or nightmares, or snore loudly enough to wake themselves up (which could be a sign of sleep apnea and is worth discussing with your pediatrician). Some children crawl into their parents’ bed in the middle of the night, swearing that it’s the only place they can sleep (hey, kids can appreciate 350-thread-count sheets, too). Don’t fall for it. Without creating a huge fuss, take your child back to his bed, reassure him, and tuck him in. If you give in to this habit, you will have a very hard time breaking it.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump
6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump6 Foods to Power Through Your Afternoon Slump
Overcome your 2 p.m. fatigue with these energy-boosting foods. By Taylor Lupo  When 2 p.m. hits, your energy and alertness may dip to devastatingly l...
How Can a Food Curfew Help Me Get a Good Night's Sleep?
How Should I Do Progressive Muscle Relaxation?
Should I Let My Doctor Know I Am Taking Melatonin?