What types of shifts can lead to shift work disorder?

Several types of shift work schedules can cause difficulties. Schedules include:
  • early-morning shifts
  • night shifts
  • overnight shifts
  • rotating shifts
The symptoms of shift work disorder usually last as long as you keep the shift work schedule. The sleep problems tend to go away once you begin sleeping at a normal time again. However, some people may have sleep problems even after the shift work schedule ends.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Get Healthy with the Sleep Diet
Get Healthy with the Sleep Diet
With computers, smart phones, and 1,000-station HDTVs, our sleep-crisis might be at an all-time high -- creating a multitude of health hazards, includ...
How should I prepare for a doctor's visit for a sleep disorder?
The best thing you can do to prepare for your doctor's appointment for your sleep disorder is to...
Sleep Better in 9 Steps
Sleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 Steps
Follow these steps to get a good night's rest.
What Should I Know Before Using Melatonin Supplements?