Is there a cure for sleep disorders?

Depending on your particular sleep disorder and its cause, there may or may not be a cure. Some sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy, have unknown causes and no cures. In that case, it may be possible to treat your disorder, but not cure it. Other disorders, such as sleep apnea, do have possible cures, which may involve lifestyle changes, wearing medical devices at night such as CPAP, or surgery.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Feeling Tired? Try This
Feeling Tired? Try This
Hang onto your coffee mugs, North Americans. You lose 191 million hours of sleep on the first workday of Daylight Savings Time. Every year when clocks...
How does alcohol affect my sleeping aid?
Alcohol can cause complications when it is taken with a sleeping aid. It may increase the drowsiness...
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
Grab some fuzzy socks and adjust the thermostat—things are about to get pretty cozy.
Can a Lack of Adequate Sleep Harm My Health?