How can I manage my sleep disorder on a daily basis?

If you have a sleep disorder, it may be affecting you on a daily basis. Lack of sleep can have a negative impact on your health, relationships, and quality of life. If this describes your situation, see your doctor. Once your condition is diagnosed, it can likely be treated. In the meantime, take steps such as avoiding caffeine and alcohol consumption before bedtime, sleeping in a dark room, and avoiding medications that might make your sleeping disorder worse. If you find that you are having trouble concentrating or reacting, avoid driving or operating heavy equipment for your own safety and that of others.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Easy Tip for Good Sleep
Easy Tip for Good Sleep
What time do you shower? Your answer could have an effect on how well you sleep. For good sleep, you should shower -- and perform all your daily acti...
What health problems are associated with sleep disorders?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Sleep problems and sleep disorders -- from insomnia and sleep apnea to sleep deprivation and res...
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
Grab some fuzzy socks and adjust the thermostat—things are about to get pretty cozy.
How Can a Food Curfew Help Me Get a Good Night's Sleep?