How can I manage my sleep disorder on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you have a sleep disorder, it may be affecting you on a daily basis. Lack of sleep can have a negative impact on your health, relationships, and quality of life. If this describes your situation, see your doctor. Once your condition is diagnosed, it can likely be treated. In the meantime, take steps such as avoiding caffeine and alcohol consumption before bedtime, sleeping in a dark room, and avoiding medications that might make your sleeping disorder worse. If you find that you are having trouble concentrating or reacting, avoid driving or operating heavy equipment for your own safety and that of others.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Sleep Better in 9 Steps
Sleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 Steps
Follow these steps to get a good night's rest. Are you a chronic sleep skimper? Short sleep can throw off your two appetite-regulating hormones (ghrel...
What's a Good Breathing Exercise to Help Me Sleep?
What Can I Do to Avoid Waking Up at Night After Falling Asleep?
What Should I Know Before Using Melatonin Supplements?