How can I manage my sleep disorder on a daily basis?

If you have a sleep disorder, it may be affecting you on a daily basis. Lack of sleep can have a negative impact on your health, relationships, and quality of life. If this describes your situation, see your doctor. Once your condition is diagnosed, it can likely be treated. In the meantime, take steps such as avoiding caffeine and alcohol consumption before bedtime, sleeping in a dark room, and avoiding medications that might make your sleeping disorder worse. If you find that you are having trouble concentrating or reacting, avoid driving or operating heavy equipment for your own safety and that of others.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Stop Snoring to Prevent Metabolic Syndrome
If your snoring makes your bedroom sound like Grand Central Station at rush hour, you might have more than a sleep problem. Loud snoring, trouble fall...
What is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)?
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a chronic condition that occurs when the muscles that keep the airw...
Sleep Better in 9 Steps
Sleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 StepsSleep Better in 9 Steps
Follow these steps to get a good night's rest.
Keep a Breathing Diary
Keep a Breathing Diary