How should I plan my vacation to lessen the impact of jet lag?

One way to lessen the impact of jet lag is to book reasonably. That off-hours, overnight flight to your destination may save you a bit of money, but it may not be worth it if your family is too tired and irritable to enjoy your time once you arrive. A good rule to go by when factoring jet lag into your planning is that it takes the body one day to adjust for every one to two time zones you cross. Designing a travel schedule that minimizes delays and avoids overnight flights can help reduce the impact of jet lag, especially with kids in tow.

Continue Learning about Sleep Disorders

Lack of Sleep Affects Memory and More
Lack of Sleep Affects Memory and More
Playoff games (think NBA and Stanley Cup finals), as well as the World Series and the NFL’s Sunday, Monday and Thursday night games later in the year,...
What's the difference between primary and secondary sleep disorders?
All sleep disorders can be either primary or secondary. If it's the result of another underlying...
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work8 Ways to Fall Asleep Faster That Actually Work
Grab some fuzzy socks and adjust the thermostat—things are about to get pretty cozy.
Dr. Michael Breus - TN Sleep Tracker
Dr. Michael Breus - TN Sleep Tracker